Monday 28 December 2020

November 2020

 Work continued on the out building. First stage was to protect the ducting's that ran into the building by casting a concrete footing over them. This allows me to build the wall on top with out crushing them.

The next stage was to lay a building fabric to let the water flow through the wall but to stop the soil from washing into the wall and filling all the tiny voids. 

Then finally onto the building of the actual wall with old stone that I have kept in storage.

Clearly I've not quite had enough of dry stone walling so I started another project, another wall on the driveway!  While I have a supply of stone it seemed a good job to get done. This was  going to be a slow one with the cold weather and the fact that the old wall was mainly concrete and rubble, which looks like it was an old chimney. I was recovering less than 30% of the wall for re-use.















No comments:

Post a Comment